Sunday, February 22, 2009

For P

With you I dove deeper, gave more than with any other,
You were the one I chose to live with, happy ever after.
For you made me smile, sharing promises of life
Ruby rich and deliciously golden.
Together we conjured a kaleidoscope of memories
Each more beautiful than the next.
Until you told me you wanted out!
Said I wasn't the one anymore. After all.
That's life. Hurts like hell but I will survive,
There is no option for I will always choose the light.
Even in the blinding madness a voice
Steers me to safety in whispers divined
I am loved too much to give up on myself
Crushed and crumbled though I now lay,
Restoration, resurrection is at the potter's hand.
While surrender isn't easy, I rely solely on grace,
I know I can look forward to the day
I let you go with a smile and no backward glance,
A bounce in my step, my heart filled with gratitude.
For His love is sufficient, with Him I shall not want.

1 comment:

Star Gazer said...

Hi,
just happened to see your blog address on some other website and decided to come in and take a look. I'm so sorry for what has happened to you. Reminds me of what happened to me 1 year ago. Felt like the whole world collapsed when he chose to let go of what we've shared for the past 6 years. The only comfort I could seek was from God (whom I know will always be there for me) and from some friends I've loved so dearly all these years.

1 year down the road, I'm glad I've moved on and am able to face my past with a smile. Am now in a new relationship and have never been better. I pray that you'll be healed in no time and that you'll still find happiness is other things in your everyday life.

*hugs*
God Bless You.