Monday, September 17, 2007

Possibilities

There are times I wish we never met.
Then I wouldn't have known the pain of loving you
and been forced to walk away from
what wasn't meant to be, what wasn't right.
Even now, years past, my heart still sighs
At the echoes of a memory sweet
that hold me captive to its beguiling call,
While the bad times evaporate like mist on the wind
Inconsequential and overlooked.
I stilll thirst for what was, in my solitude.





Most times though I am glad that we met.
For through loving you I came to know myself,
by plumbing unknown depths and reclaiming the lost.
In giving, I received the greatest treasure
Understanding my desires, I found my way to Him.
While the past makes me who I am today,
it does not define the woman within.
His everlasting love restores my spirit
His fidelity makes me believe again
Most of all, His delight in me conjures possibilities.

No comments: