Friday, September 21, 2007

Moments

Certain moments bring back memories
Reviving a sense of loss, a special kind of pain
Although I've said my goodbyes long ago
Wistfulness invade my consciousness from time to time

Just like that cool autumn evening where the august moon
Hung luminous and low in the midnight velvet sky
We sit sipping tea - sharing laughter and lives
Our faces aglow in the warm candlelight

Your laughter rings out on the crisp, wintry air
As I fall cushioned by the sugar soft snow
The child in you delights and entrances mine
We play together in the afternoon sun

As we walk along the river hand in hand
The ducks glissade gracefully in the water beside us
Breathing in the colours of new life
You turn to me and smile, sunlight in your eyes

Peeping from the horizon, the sun casts a golden glow around
Bathing us in a tropical, balmy warmth
With my head resting on your shoulder
We drink in the beauty of the morning as one

While I will always love you in these snapshots past
They are but souvenirs from another lifetime
My heart now belongs to my very present lover
Who strolls with me in the garden of life



I am his beloved and his desire is for me
In his eyes I am beautiful, a constant delight
How could I not love him for his faithfulness
For cherished I will always be in his loving arms

No comments: