Saturday, April 08, 2023

A love song

So I borrowed riffs from various songs (with a few choice phrases from the Bible) to write this love song to my lover, my best bud, my consolation in times of sorrow, my husband. See if you can pick them out.

It's been seven years and five days now*

Since we first met that sunny afternoon 

I can see your face then and feel your sincerity

Your desire to share your life, impress me.

I did a silly woman thing and thought to myself

Can he actually be THE one, it's true.

So glad time has proven that to me

What a gem you are, a priceless pearl!

I wake up grateful that we are married

That you are the one I get to samba through life with, so nice**

Every day I love you just a little bit more ***

It's a lifestyle, a feeling, my best decision in life

Thank you, Lord, for saving the best for last

Allowing me to cherish the love, every moment, our life together. ****


* Nothing compares to you

** Summer samba/So nice  

*** 每天爱你多一些

**** Cherish

No comments: