Sunday, May 05, 2019

Labour of love

This May Day past I attended an outreach the Woman to Woman Ministry ran at the Church of Saint Ignatius. It was a bittersweet time for me for I miss being part of this ministry, and I miss journeying with this group of sisters whom I love. I did however experience great joy at seeing all of them again and witnessing how they worked well together to minister to the women who came. All of them have grown in confidence and used their individual gifts well. I felt such pride at their accomplished facilitation of the event and how they allowed the Holy Spirit to work through them and touch those present, giving each one a very concrete experience of God’s love. And I thank God for the opportunity to be with them the entire day. Love you, my sisters in Christ.

Who do you say I am?
I am He who created you
The beautiful woman you are
Dressed in your hurts and wounds
Still radiant despite the brokenness
Despair dimming your eyes
Come and take my hand
I am walking right beside you
Even in the darkest valley
I am your strength and shield
You are my beloved daughter
A princess with an invisible crown 
If you let me I can be your all in all
Your lover and your friend
The shepherd of your soul
Your delight in blackest night
I am all the love that you need 
Seek me every day and see
The truth of who you are
Enjoy the wonder of your being
Marvel at your awesomeness 
No one can steal your identity away
So don’t let them! Be strong
Let the stars and dots slide away
Centre yourself in me and
I will give you the living water
So you can have eternal life
Eternal joy can be yours as well
You can live fully - a perfect life
Your weakness being my strength  
So my darling, give me your burdens
Remove your chains, set yourself free 
Come home to me, come home.

No comments: