Thursday, December 03, 2020

Grief-struck

Sad, sad, sad, incredibly sad, that this would happen
Why, why, why, it makes no sense, oh no, it doesn't.
Does it shake my faith? Of course it does.
Did my daily prayers not move You?
You are not listening to me!
Surely there’s still much to be done
The harvest is rich, and You need labourers
Is she not one of the best in Your sight
As she is, deep within my little girl heart?
Surely Your plans need time to unfold 
Why, at least until I am bent over with age?
You say to trust You with all of my heart,
and not lean on my own understanding,*
That the wisdom of this world is foolishness**
Then, help me understand, for, right now,
I am foolishly, most indubitably, a mess. 



















* Proverbs 3:5
** 1 Corinthians 3:19

Written on September 6, 2018.

No comments: