Sunday, November 08, 2015

His invitation

In a recent time of contemplation, I could sense the Lord proposing my taking our relationship to another level. The lines of Christopher Marlowe's The Passionate Shepherd to His Love* came to me and this is my reply:


Artist Sieger Koder's take on the
Eternal Bridegroom who waits 
patiently for you and me,
His Beloved, to say yes. 
      

 Draußen steht er an der Wand unseres Hauses


See, my beloved stands behind the wall

 Song of Songs 2:9
I hear you call me to your side,
To live with you, in love abide.
Better or worse, to have and hold,
Your fragrant posies don't get old.

In valley lush, my gown lamb white,
No greater love could you incite,
The shepherd of my soul you are,
I'd follow you down byways far

We dance as one to madrigals,
Sip ruby wine as evening falls.
You gave your life for mine to keep,
A nuptial gift that makes me weep.

With you I fear no evil or
Cyclones that bring me to death's door.
Your hand in mine, we walk in light,
Darkness is vanquished by your might.

The hunger of the world we feed,
Your goodness swells in every deed.
Each harvest rich is sown in tears,
As we gather, I lose my fears.

Your passion moves me to proclaim
What's truth; a meme that's never lame,
Joy blossoms bright in fields of pain
When I say yes to you. Again.


*  http://www.bartleby.com/106/5.html

No comments: