Thursday, August 07, 2008

A perfect love


Today at lunch she said to me
Who is this new man in your life?
Who has got you aglow with joy
Blooming, like a morning glory?
Come on, out with it, tell me his name
For you are clearly not the same.

I said to her there is no man,
No one new: He’s been in my life
From the very start; the first time
I drew breath, He was there, smiling.
In his eyes, a deep love shining.
It’s just that now I see him clearly.

How could I begin to explain?
What I experience in my being
Is something the world dismisses
As unreal, too good to be true.
The primordial promise often sought,
In worldly things that come to naught.

It took me a while to find him
Whispering in the wind he’s barely
Discernible. You have to choose.
Are you the grain of wheat that dies
To bear new life, take on new guise?
Or are you made of stone, just lawful?

As our love grows, a nuptial fruit
I live in him and him in me.
He is my way, my truth, my life
My lover forever, my knight.
Although, at times, I lose the fervour
He is there, loving as ever.

The perfect man, a perfect love
How did I do it, you may ask?
You must seek in order to find
What is there in the beginning.
For only then what is fright’ning
Will be revealed as the priceless pearl.

No comments: